Contracts Manager – c£50k/£60k – Southampton
This company is a modern construction & building services company operating throughout southern England. They provide a full range of services into numerous sectors including commercial, industrial, education, health, MOD and residential. An opportunity has come up for a forward-thinking, ambitious Contracts Manager to join the team based at their offices near Southampton.
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities:
- Surveying of works and production of quotations
- Leading or assisting in the pricing and submission of tenders
- Assisting and completing PQQ and SQ submissions
- Production of project H&S information including CPPs and RAMS in liaison with H&S Management team
- Producing and managing project programmes and timelines
- Management of directly employed staff and sub-contractors
- Management of on-site H&S including undertaking of site audits/inspections in line with company standard procedures
- Attending project meetings and production of various reports and project documentation required
- Contributing to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers
- Managing and carrying out of commercial valuations on projects and agreement of project accounts
- Work closely with other internal departments (commercial. H&S) and external (client, design team) to ensure the contracts are delivered on time and within financial budgets.
- The role will be office based however there will be a requirement to make regular sites and client visits (within a region, nationally or internationally, depending on the construction project).
- Ideally a minimum of 5yrs proven track record of managing numerous contracts with values between £100k-£4m
- Ideally, degree qualified in construction management and/or commercial background and experience/knowledge in quantity surveying would be useful.
- Main contracting background
- Experience of working with building contracts (JCT, NEC etc.)
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong maths and IT skills
- Commercially astute
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- First Aid at Work
- Asbestos Awareness
To apply, please fill in the fields below and click “Apply”.