Engineering Project Team Leader – Hampshire – c£40k
This company is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyse, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible for the ongoing progression & delivery of new projects.
- Bringing projects in on budget, on time, to specification and to clients satisfaction
- Managing a team for the supply and installation of SFA, Packages and Commercial pumping stations including the assignment of jobs to contract engineers, ensuring the company delivers a consistently high level of service to all customers taking into account workload, individual capabilities, customer preference and holidays etc
- Ensuring that the Contract Engineers are afforded the facilities they require to undertake their duties efficiently.
- Develop existing clients’ portfolios and expand the Company’s service offering.
- Ensure effective and ongoing performance management and employee development within the department.
- To act as primary escalation for any Customer Service related issues occurring within the team and endeavouring to resolve these issues in a prompt & fair manner.
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at Work and Quality, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company.
- Monitor all activities within the section and provide status reports to demonstrate the efficient operation of the section and its various activities/processes – Ensuring that all work is programmed and managed by contract engineers effectively within budget and deadlines.
- Build a group spirit which engenders trust and co-operation by offering support, guidance, empathy and assistance to the team members setting expected standard of motivation & co-operation within the team and to lead by example
- Establish and maintain contacts with customers especially key accounts.
- To be part of the team to work closely with the Purchasing/Logistics and Accounts Depts to ensure that orders progress to schedule and that any disputes on invoicing etc. are addressed promptly and to the mutual satisfaction of the Company and the Customer.
- The authorisation of supplier Invoices
- Provide weekly and monthly forecasts of the revenue income for the department.
- Ensure team members fully comply with Health & Safety legislation, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Ensure all of the team have annual CPG goals and effective performance management and succession planning is undertaken.
- Coaching and mentoring of employees.
- To ensure that budgetary requirements are met and that budgets & forecasts for the division are kept up to date.
- M&E background is essential as is any experience of the water industry and/or Pumps/Pumping Stations
- Detailed understanding of reading CAD drawings
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with strong customer focus
- Computer literate with Word and Excel experience
- Experience of the pumping/water industry
- Experience of working with Water Authorities
- Experience of managing site engineers, liaising with technical staff and negotiating with sub-contractors.
To apply, please fill in the fields below and click “Apply”.