Estimator – Groundworks/Civils – Hampshire
This company is a modern construction & building services company operating throughout southern England. They provide full range of services into numerous sectors including commercial, industrial, education, health, MOD and residential. An opportunity has come up for a forward thinking; ambitious Civil Estimator to join the team based from their offices in Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Duties will include:
- Provide estimated costs of proposed projects and survey/cost completed works
- Prepare detailed forward plans of work commitments and appropriate labour requirements.
- Liaise with departmental staff, client departments, contractors, suppliers and statutory authorities in matters relating to work as appropriate.
- Monitor and control the day-to-day finance of all estimated contracts, up to and including production of final accounts
- Order and ensure that materials, equipment and plant detailed in specifications and drawings for construction or improvement work are ordered in accordance with tendering procedures.
- Attend meetings, seminars, training workshops and other work related issues, as required, which may involve working outside normal hours.
- Liaise with specialists and consultants as appropriate to obtain assistance and advice.
The successful candidate:
- Will have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar capacity
- Come from a groundworks/civils background
- Be commercially astute
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be able to work well within a team environment
- Be ambitious and determined
- Be able to work with project values from £200 – £1.5M
- Commercial experience is essential
Excellent remuneration on offer to successful candiate.