Project Engineer – M&E – Pumping Stations – £40k/£45k+ – SOUTH EAST
This company is experienced in the water and wastewater environment undertaking the supply, installation, maintenance, service and repair of industrial drainage pumping equipment throughout the UK.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join the company with the primary task of delivering allocated projects on time.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ROLE CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE SOUTHEAST*
The key purpose of this role will require the successful candidate to:
- Take lead responsibility to ensure that the Project Engineer’s allocated portfolio of projects is delivered in a timely, effective and efficient manner – in order to meet expectations and the expectations of the customer.
- Work with customers and any sub-contract partners to ensure works are delivered within agreed budgets.
- Project manage Engineers scheduled on allocated Projects.
- Support the Area Manager and Head of Operations with driving continuous improvement across the department.
- Support the Area Manager and Head of Operations with driving effective collaboration across the department.
- Provide required reports and progress updates – including delivery plans, delivery progress, performance against budget, forecast revenues and forecast costs.
- Assist the company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health & Safety at Work and Quality, in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the company.
Key tasks & responsabilitites:
- Day to day Project Team management
- Manage own and team workload to ensure agreed deadlines are achieved
- Liaise with suppliers as required and ensure supplier deliverables are managed effectively
- Ensure all projects are planned, managed and delivered effectively and efficiently by the Project Teams – including ensuring works are delivered within agreed budgets
- Establish and maintain key relationships with customers – ensuring the customer is kept up to date in a timely manner regarding plans, progress and any issues
- Establish and maintain contacts with the Sales teams – keeping the Sales teams up to date in a timely manner regarding plans, progress and any issues
- Provide weekly and monthly forecasts of the revenue income for the portfolio/projects
- Provide comprehensive weekly progress updates for the portfolio/projects
- Ensure the commercial and contractual elements of each project are understood – and works are planned and delivered accordingly
- Attend site meetings & undertake site inspections when required
- The post-holder must comply with, plus ensure the team complies with, the Health and Safety requirements as outlined in the H&S policy
- Undertake additional activities as required, commensurate with the level of the role
Knowledge and experience:
- Mechanical and Electrical background
- SMSTS Health and safety qualification (either previously held or current)
- Water/Wastewater pumping experience
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to manage workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proven experience in dealing with key customers in a professional manner
- Able to collaborate effectively and have a continuous improvement mindset
- IOSH/NEBOSH would be highly advantageous
To apply, please fill in the fields below and click “Apply”.